I am in love with my long thick hair and every time I have it cut shorter or layered I instantly regret it, yes its nicer to not spend that much time washing and drying it but it’s what I am use to since the age of 20. Normally I like to straighten my hair but on occasion when I am invited to some festivities its nice to make a bit of an effort and put some curls into my hair. So when I got offered to test out the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong I did not hesitate for a second because I was very intrigued if the long size of the curling tong would make a big difference to my hair.
Here is what Lee Stafford has to say about his CoCo LoCo Long Tong:
With a 40% longer barrel, the CoCo LoCo Long Tong will help you easily create gorgeous, defined curls for even the longest hair. This clever tool allows you to cover every inch of your hair so you can wrap and curl more in one go.
With a coconut oil infused ceramic barrel, silky soft hair is no longer a dream! Coconut oil is a natural nutrient that provides the essential proteins required for nourishing and repairing damaged hair.
The Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong Features:
Coconut oil infused ceramic barrel to nourish and protect your hair.
205mm extra long barrel to easily curl long or unruly hair.
Swivel cord to prevent tangling during use.
Thumb grip for precise control.
Rotating cool tip to get tight curling.
Safety stand to prevent burning workstation surface.
Heats up to 200°C.
On/off heat indicator.
Hanging loop for easy storage.
2 year manufacturer’s guarantee (subject to registration)
Having used quite a fair bit of different curling tongs over the years here are my top tips to get the look:
- Always wash your hair the day/night before you curl your hair otherwise the lifespan of your curls wont be as long.
- Instead of clipping your hair to the end and spinning the iron up, clip in closer to the roots and twirl your hair through the clamp.
- Make sure the section of the hair that you curl next is brushed out and flat.
- I always curl my hair from the bottom up because practice makes perfect and it doesn’t matter if the curls on the bottom haven’t turned out that well because they are ‘hidden’ underneath your top layer.
- Slide your hair off the wand/out of the clip into your hand to allow the curl to cool before dropping.
- And lastly this is a pretty new trick to me: Tie your hair quite high up into a pigtail on the top of your head (I decided to put mine into 2 pigtails due to the thickness of them) then curl the length, let it cool down and take your hair band out slowly, I didn’t use this trick when I curled my hair with the Long Tong this time but its a great trick if you are in a rush!
My thoughts after using the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong:
This is my first time using a tong curler and I think it takes a few times using it to perfect it. Last weekend we went to my BIL&SIL’s House to celebrate our Nieces & her Finance’s 30th Birthdays with a little party so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to glam up a little bit and have a different hairstyle to my usual straightened hair so here is a before and after picture as well the picture in the middle which shows my curls straight after curling I always use my fingers to loosen up the curls to make it look fuller:
I love the finished look and the voluminous loose waves it created. The extra length of the curling tong comes in very handy if you want to curl your hair all the way up to the roots for a long-lasting curly look. I think it’s a fantastic Curling Tong for long (and thick) hair and the added coconut infused barrel makes it even nicer to use because you know it won’t damage your hair!
I have to admit that I didn’t follow my Tip Nr.4 and you can see here that I started on the right side of my hair and then did the left side which looks better in my opinion but its a learning curve so here is to many more (better) curly hair do’s in the future for me thanks to my new Long Tong from Lee Stafford!
The only thing which I couldn’t come to grips with is the is the barrels ‘hand’ which grips the end of the hair It was a bit complicated to loosen the curls again so in the end I just span the hair around myself holding the ends of the hair whilst it was curling.
You can purchase the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong over on Amazon for only
£29.99 £24.99 OR for a chance to WIN your very own CoCo LoCo Long Tong’s just enter my Competition:
Please note the competition is being moderated by Review.Directory! Competition ends on 20.4.2017!
Disclaimer: I have been sent the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong for reviewing purposes, but all thoughts and opinions are mine.